Friday, April 16, 2010

the truth

the simple and shameful truth is that all of us are beautiful, everyone. In our varying shapes and sizes, we all are unique and georgous. there is something in each of us tha  make us who we are. tonight i had over a friend that i havent seen in six monthes as she has been abroad. and to be honest, i have always been envious of her english beauty and her style. but tonight i realized that i was no longer jealous, i didnt feel self concious as if i had to measure up. it wasnt a change in her, it was in me. i felt like an equal. not a little kid copycat.  felt as if i was me, ashley, and i was beautiful in my own unique way, my hair wasnt perfect, but thats just the way my hair is, my clothes weren't over the top fashionista, i wore a black gap tshirt and dark demin skinnies and a gray cardi, and that was it. no fussing, i looked and felt like me.
I used to leave the presence of my friends feeling self conscience, like i failed the fashion test, miserably at best. but i realize now, a simple and shameful truth.
every girl feels as if she is too fat or at the least chubby in certain places, our tummies all gurgle and embarress us, hair will never be pefect, clothing as hard as we try will never look as great as it did in the mirror before we left the house. what makes the difference is self confidence. and that is all a girl needs to be the prettiest female in the room. a smile and confidence.

No comments: