Sunday, April 25, 2010

mushrooms

Lately I have been obsessed with all things shroomy. no, I do drugs, at all, ever.
 that said.
Mushrooms, they are delicious and thier flavor can range from subtle to ostentatious. The other night I made my first successful risoto, a mushroom risoto. It turned out creamy and delicious.
Yesterday I visited Iriquio's Antiques, and stopped in at Frog Pond( a local farmers market) on my way home; I purchased some portobello mushrooms, I marinated then in a rosmary balsimic marinade for an hour then grilled them. They made an excellent panini paired with munster and chopped artichoke hearts.
I really would like to indulge in purchasing a bottle of black truffle oil to drizzle over every thing that I make, but i would have to live on oatmeal for a week to justify the purchase. My birthday is coming though, and we all know that presents to oneself are perfectly acceptable under those kind of circumstances.
I think that I shall make the risoto again soon, maybe this week, and I will be on the lookout for other mushroom recipes... if you happen to have any, please pass them along.

No comments: