Thursday, March 4, 2010

A change

It has come time in my winter routine to make a change in how I do things. Usually my days and weeks follow the same sort of pattern that is efficiant and yet discouraging.
Mornings with the exception of saterday sunday and monday. I am awake before the sun has even poked her head out from under the covers, and I scurry around for aproxamatly twenty minutes getting ready for a ten hour day at work. I eat half a bagel and drink my coffee on my half hour drive in.
To change this morning routine, instead of making my drip coffee, I am going to make myself a triple shot cappicino to lovingly sip as I drive in.
My workday usually goes like this, work 6.30 am till 8.15 am then break and eat yogurt with homemade granola. another break at 10.05 then a half hour lunch at nooners. I get a fifteen minute break at 2.30pm then work work work untill 4.30-5.pm.
Okay, nothing about this can really be changed, except for the fact that my ipod"s playlist has gotten a little old, so I have decided to refresh it with lots of thought provoking podcasts that range from entertaining to educational, to be honest most of them are from NPR. Currently on my ipod are episodes of This American Life, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Garison Keillor's musical voice reading poetry, and The Moth to name a few.
In the evening, if I don't have a coffee date or errand to run its a half an hour drive home which I usually spend on the phone(shame on me) talking to my Mum or a sibling or my hubbie, because I am eceptionally bored when I drive that half hour home. I think that I actually pay more atention when I talk on the phone than not as I am paying closer atention to my surroundings( to avoid coppers)... plus isn't it a restiction on my constitutional right to free speach???
At home I assess whether or not I want to start dinner or take a hot shower, the shower usually wins. After all of that I make dinner, check Facebook, blogs and watch something mind rotting on hulu, the pass out on the couch and do nothing productive untill I go to bed at 9 o clock.
My evening routine needs to change, but I am so tired when I get home that all I want to do is shower then collapse into a pile of pillows and snooze.  So, as my hubbie gets home before I do, he is now instructed to make me coffee so that I will have a boost of lifegiving caffiene to help me stay productive untill at least ten thirty. Well, thats what I am hoping for at least. Mostly, I just want a change. I am bored to tears during the day, and in the evning I am too tired to do anything fun. Any thoughts about what I could change to make my day better?

No comments: